These Gluten-Free Stuffing Muffins are delicious, easy to eat, and a fun twist on a classic Thanksgiving stuffing recipe. Made with gluten-free bread and loaded with flavor from sausage, apples, cranberries & warming spices. They're a perfect kid-friendly side dish for your holiday dinner or any chilly Fall night.
Gluten-Free Stuffing Muffins
No Thanksgiving table is complete without stuffing, and no one should have to miss out on this ultimate comfort food because you are gluten-free! 🙌
If you or your child has Celiac Disease, you may be packing some of your own safe food to bring to your family’s holiday dinner, a Friendsgiving, or you just want to bring a delicious gluten-free side dish to share 🥰
Either way, these individual stuffing muffins made with @scharglutenfree Artisan Bread are perfectly portable and loaded with kid-friendly flavors- sausage, apples and cranberries 😋 There's always something fun about having your food in mini portions! Plus, you don’t have to worry about anyone digging into a casserole dish with a contaminated serving spoon 🚫
How to Make this Gluten-Free Stuffing Muffin Recipe
- Cut a loaf of gluten-free bread into small cubes. Bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes to dry and toast the bread.
- Sauté the oil, sausage, onion, garlic and celery in a skillet until softened. Add the seasonings and apples. Add everything to the bread cubes in a large bowl and stir in dried cranberries.
- Whisk together the broth and eggs. Pour over the bread mixture and toss until everything is moistened.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased muffin tin. Bake and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Stuffing Muffins with Sausage, Apples & Cranberries
- 1 loaf Schar Gluten-Free Artisan White Bread
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 lb Ground Italian Sausage
- 3 ribs Celery diced
- 1 small Sweet Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith Apple peeled & diced
- 1½ cups Broth chicken or vegetable
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Preheat oven to 300°. Cut bread in small cubes then spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and toast for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and cook & crumble sausage.
- Drain any grease if necessary then add celery, onion and garlic about 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add seasonings then stir in diced apples.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl then add dried cranberries.
- Mix together the eggs and broth in a separate bowl then pour over the stuffing mixture, tossing until everything is moistened.
- Raise oven temperature to 375° and grease muffin tins. Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups. Gently press stuffing cups and form slightly mounded tops. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Leave a Reply