This flavorful Lemon and Dill Chickpea Salad combines the power of chickpeas with refreshing cucumbers and juicy tomatoes all tossed in an easy homemade dressing. Perfect to make ahead for picnics, potlucks or have on-hand for an easy, nutritious weekday lunch.
Delicious Chickpea Salad
This Lemon and Dill Chickpea Salad is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for lunch or dinner. Chickpeas are inexpensive, loaded with protein and are a versatile base for a variety of salads.
Here's what you'll need for the salad:
- English Cucumber. Use these as they are a seedless variety.
- I also love adding avocados to this salad,, but it is completely optional!
Ingredients needed for the homemade lemon & dill vinaigrette:
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Dill
- Salt & Pepper
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Lemon & Dill Chickpea Salad
- 2 cans Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 English Cucumber diced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped small
- 1 Diced avocado optional-add right before serving so it doesn't brown
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil or any neutral tasting oil of your choice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine chickpeas and veggies in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Cover and shake.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the veggies and toss well. Reserve any leftover dressing in the fridge to use at another time or add more to refresh before servng.
- Enjoy right away, or store in the fridge for a few hours/overnight to allow the flavors to meld. Stir occasionally.