This flavorful salad combines the power of chickpeas with refeshing cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and creamy avocados that are all tossed in an easy homemade dressing. Perfect to make ahead for picnics, potlucks or have on-hand for an easy, nutritious lunch.
This beautiful Lemon & Dill Chickpea Salad is a simple recipe that’s full of fresh summer veggies and herbs!
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Lemon & Dill Chickpea Salad
- 2 cans Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 English Cucumber diced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped small
- 1 Diced avocado optional-add right before serving so it doesn't brown
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or any neutral tasting oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine chickpeas and veggies in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Cover and shake.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the veggies and toss well. Reserve any leftover dressing in the fridge to use at another time or add more to refresh before servng.
- Enjoy right away, or store in the fridge for a few hours/overnight to allow the flavors to meld. Stir occasionally.
Pingback: How to Meal Plan with Theme Nights – Thriving Gluten Free