Overnight casseroles are genius. Take a few minutes to prep the night before, and you’ll be so happy in the morning when breakfast is ready to go! This Monkey Bagel Bake is one of the most requested recipes from my kids for special occasions. I’m sure you can see why just by looking at the picture 🙂
The recipe uses The Greater Knead bagels which are not only gluten free but also top 8 allergen free! We recently found out that my youngest son is intolerant to eggs and dairy, so I know how hard it is to find GREAT tasting products without these ingredients.
Sit back and enjoy because your entire family can eat confidently!
Overnight Monkey Bagel Bake
- 4 Plain The Greater Knead Bagels
- 1 overripe banana- mashed well
- 2 cups unsweetened flax milk(or other favorite alternative milk)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup dairy free Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips
- Microwave each bagel for 60 seconds
- Slice each bagel vertically and cut into chunks
- Grease 2.5 quart baking dish with coconut oil
- Place the cut bagels on the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer
- In a large bowl, add mashed banana, cinnamon, salt brown sugar, and flax meal. Mix until well combined.
- Pour liquid over bagels, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pull baking dish from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes
- Uncover and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the bagel bake
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until set.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe uses top 8 allergen free bagels from The Greater Knead. I can not guarantee results if you choose to use a different brand.