Overnight casseroles are genius. Take a few minutes to prep the night before, and you’ll be so happy in the morning when breakfast is ready to go!
This monkey bagel bake is so incredibly yummy! It has the flavor of a classic monkey bread without all the work! Just chop the bagels, and create a simple monkey mixture of banana, plant-based milk, flax seeds, sugar & spices then pour on top.
This recipe uses The Greater Knead bagels which are not only gluten free, but also top 8 allergen free! These bagels have a dense, NYC bagel texture, so they absorb just the right amount of liquid without getting soggy.
Sit back and enjoy because your entire family can eat confidently!
Overnight Monkey Bagel Bake
- 4 Plain The Greater Knead Bagels
- 1 overripe banana- mashed well
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup dairy free Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips
- Microwave each bagel for 60 seconds
- Slice each bagel vertically and cut into chunks
- Grease 2.5 quart baking dish with coconut oil
- Place the cut bagels on the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer
- In a large bowl, add mashed banana, cinnamon, salt brown sugar, and flax meal. Mix until well combined.
- Pour liquid over bagels, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Uncover and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the bagel bake
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until set.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe uses top 8 allergen free bagels from The Greater Knead. I can not guarantee results if you choose to use a different brand.