In our family, a holiday meal isn’t complete without Pineapple Bread Pudding!
It’s a simple yet decadant side dish perfect for a crowd. AND, it’s the best excuse to use all the gluten free bread crusts that you’ve been saving in the freezer!
The original recipe was passed on to me from my mom, which I then adapted to be gluten & dairy free. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we have through the years!
Pineapple Bread Pudding
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Earth’s Balance vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca flour, or 2 tbsp GF all purpose flour.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 slices of GF bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Slightly scramble eggs in an 8×8 glass baking pan
- Add the rest of the ingredients one at a time stirring well to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until golden brown on top
Time Saving Tip: Make ahead the day before. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake.