In our family, a holiday meal isn't complete without Pineapple Bread Pudding! It's a simple yet decadant side dish perfect for a crowd. AND, it's the best excuse to use all the gluten free bread crusts that you've been saving in the freezer!
PINEAPPLE BREAD PUDDING
This pineapple bread pudding couldn't be easier! Just mix a few simple ingredients together and let the oven do the work. It's the perfect compliment to a holiday ham or turkey! It's simple, it's sweet and it's aways a hit at all of our big family dinners.
The original recipe was passed on to me from my mom. She would make it for every holiday dinner when I was young. Now that I have taken over the holiday gatherings at our house, I was able to adapt it to be gluten & dairy free. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we have through the years!
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE PINEAPPLE BREAD PUDDING
Prepping this bread pudding takes only a few minutes, then it goes into the oven for an hour to bake. You only need 7 ingredients and I bet you already have most of them in your kitchen!
- crushed pineapple
- your favorite GF bread
- vanilla extract
- GF Flour or a thickener like cornstarch or tapioca
Mix everything together and then gently stir in your bread. That's it!
You can even prep this pineapple bread pudding ahead. Mix everything up the day before and store covered in the fridge until ready to bake. Be sure to double this recipe if you're serving a crowd!
If you manage to have leftovers(which is highly doubtful!), just store covered in the refridgerator for up to 3 days and reheat as needed.
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Pineapple Bread Pudding
- 20 oz can Crushed Pineapple
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Melted Butter Dairy Free: Use Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch or Tapioca Flour or 2 tablespoon GF all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4-6 slices GF Bread cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Combine melted butter and sugar directly in your baking pan, then add in the eggs and slightly scramble.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- Gently stir the bread cubes into the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until golden brown on top.