What kid(or adult!) can resist a freshly baked donut??
One of the first additions to our kitchen after our daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease was a donut pan! It made me feel so happy and empowered being able to make her treats that she couldn’t have anymore.
Although gluten free substitutes are widely available these days, nothing beats a homemade treat. It not only saves money, but you can control the ingredients in any way you need or want.
These gluten free, grain-free & dairy free donuts are so easy & delicious plus they’re packed with nutition! They’re super fluffy and light with just the right amount of sweetness.
Grain Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1- 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil,melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease your donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, make the donut batter by mixing eggs, oil, sugar and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Then mix with your wet ingredients.
- Scoop batter into each donut mold about halfway to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before adding the glaze.
- Add the glaze by brushing the oil on the top of each donut. Then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.