What kid(or adult!) can resist a freshly baked donut? These gluten-free, dairy-free & grain-free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are so easy & delicious plus they’re packed with nutrition! They’re super fluffy and light with just the right amount of sweetness.
One of the first additions to our kitchen after our daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease was a donut pan! It made me feel so happy and empowered being able to make her treats that she couldn’t have anymore. Back in 2011, gluten-free products and bakeries weren’t widely available like they are today. So I spent a lot of time in the kitchen perfecting treats for birthdays, holidays and other celebrations throughout the year.
Although gluten free substitutes are everywhere these days, nothing beats a homemade treat. It not only saves money, but you can control the ingredients in any way you need or want. After realizing how many rice products we consume in a day, I’ve been trying to bake with alternative flours more often. These Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are grain-free using almond flour which means they’re packed with protein. I’m all for healthier donuts, who’s with me?!
I love buying almond flour in bulk at Costco. You can get a 3lb bag for only twelve dollars!
My kids love these cinnamon sugar donuts and they love to help make them too. The batter comes together easily without using a mixer, pour it right into a donut pan and let the oven do the work. Sprinkling them afterwards with the cinnamon sugar topping might be the best part. Soooo delicious!!
I hope you’re craving donuts now because it’s time to bake!
Grain-Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Donut Pans
- 1½ cups Almond Flour
- 4 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil melted
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil or Butter
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease your donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, make the donut batter by mixing eggs, oil, sugar and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Then mix with your wet ingredients.
- Scoop batter into each donut mold about halfway to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before adding the glaze.
- Add the glaze by brushing the melted oil on the top of each donut. Combine the sugar plus 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl and then sprinkle donuts with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Looking for more sweet treats? Check out these yummy recipes!
- Sweet Loren S’mores Cookie Bake
- Cinnamon Apple Thumbprint Cookies
- Paleo Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Looks yummy. I have everything but…my tapioca does not say starch on it. Is it the same thing?
Yes! Sorry, it will say tapioca flour! I’ll change that 😉