These Flourless Black Bean Brownies are a delicious and nutritious twist on a traditional chocolate brownie recipe. You might be nervous about baking with black beans, but don’t be—they have a very mild flavor and are extremely rich, fudgy, and full of protein. Best part is that they are naturally gluten-free!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Flourless Black Bean Brownies:
- Black Beans. Obviously!
- Avocado. Yes, I snuck in another nutritional powerhouse.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Peppermint Extract
- Chocolate Chips
If you love this healthy brownie recipe, you will also love this Homemade Chocolate Hummus and these Chocolate Peppermint Bliss Balls!
Let me know if you make this recipe! Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Flourless Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can Black Beans drained & rinsed
- ½ Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Peppermint Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips plus some extra for topping!
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a square 8x8 pan
- Blend all ingredients(except chocolate chips!) in a blender or food processor.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Poor batter into greased 8x8 pan. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips and bake for 30-35mins.
Looking for more gluten-free chocolate recipes? Check out these recipes!