This Shrimp Stir Fry with Gluten-Free Ramen Noodles is ready in under 30 minutes for a quick and easy meal that's perfect for busy weeknights. It combines quick cooking shrimp with ramen noodles, add in some fresh rainbow slaw, a flavorful homemade Asian sauce, and it will feel like you just ordered takeout!
SHRIMP STIR FRY WITH GLUTEN-FREE RAMEN NOODLES
Did you know there are gluten-free ramen noodles?
Oh YES there are! Lotus Foods makes an entire line of organic, gluten free & vegan noodles, ramen, rice bowls and soups! Everything they make is absolutely delicious and so convenient when you need a quick gluten-free meal.
What ingredients do I need to make this Shrimp Stir Fry with Ramen Noodles?
Gluten-Free ramen noodles(that cook in 3 minutes!) are tossed with a quick shrimp & vegetable stir fry that's coated in an easy homemade sauce.
Here's what you'll need:
- Lotus Foods Millet & Brown Rice Ramen Noodles. Check them out here on Amazon, but we buy ours in bulk at Costco!
- Shrimp, uncooked and defrosted if frozen.
- Rainbow Slaw. You can find this near the coleslaw in the produce section of your grocery store. An easy way to add veggies without any of the chopping!
- GF Soy Sauce or coconut aminos for soy-free.
- Sesame Oil
- Ground Ginger
How to Make this Shrimp Ramen Stir Fry
Cook the noodles. According to the package directions-it only takes 3 minutes! Drain the water and set aside the noddles.
Stir fry the shrimp & veggies. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet and stir fry the shrimp. Add minced garlic and continue to stir constantly. Toss in the bag of veggie slaw until it is slightly wilted. The veggies will shrink up a lot so don't worry if it looks like a lot at first!
Add the sauce. Pour in the soy sauce, sesame oil and ground ginger. Mix well to combine with the shrimp and vegetables.
Toss everything together! Add the noddles to the wok or skillet and stir everything well until noddles are coated with the sauce.
Tips and Substitutions
- Any protein works. Try a chicken ramen stiry fry or a beef ramen stir fry. It just will take a little bit longer to cook than with shrimp.
- Be sure not to overcook the ramen. It cooks fast!
- For a soy-free & lower sodium option, use coconut aminos.
Get your chopsticks ready and let's eat!
Shrimp Stir Fry with Gluten Free Ramen Noodles
- Lotus Foods Gluten Free Rice Ramen Noodles
- 1 lb Shrimp uncooked & defrosted if frozen; rinsed, peeled and deveined
- 1 Rainbow or Broccoli Slaw Fresh, prepackaged
- 2 tablespoon Oil I always stir fry with avocado oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup GF Soy Sauce or Tamari use coconut aminos for soy-free
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a wok or a deep stove-top skillet.
- Add shrimp & minced garlic and stir fry 3-4 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- Add the package of rainbow slaw, stirring to combine until slightly wilted.
- Lower heat and add the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger to the shrimp. Let simmer 2-3 minutes stirring often.
- Add noodles last and mix well until everything is coated with sauce. Serve immediately.