One of my favorite meals growing up was sausage & peppers! Traditionally, this flavorful Italian dish is cooked on a stove top for hours. This inspired me to recreate the family classic to work in a slow cooker.
This version will quickly become a favorite! It satisfies even the pickiest eaters(I know because I have 4 of them!!) Serve over pasta, rice or on top of rolls.
Whether you need to feed a crowd or just looking for an easy weeknight dinner, this is a no-fail recipe you’ll want to make over and over!
Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers
- 2 lbs Italian Sausage(we love using a mix of sweet & hot)
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half moons
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper(or whatever colors you want to use!) thinly sliced
- 1 jar(28oz) of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each- dried basil & oregano
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Place the sauce ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine
- Add the sausage, bell peppers & onions. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over pasta, rice or on rolls.