These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a quick(20 minutes!), easy and healthy dinner that tastes just as good as takeout! They’re both gluten & dairy free and perfect for a busy weeknight meal or can be enjoyed as an appetizer.
The best part about these lettuce wraps is that they are fast! They come together in just 20 minutes! They’re also fresh and flavorful and surprisingly filling. If you’ve ever eaten at P. F Chang’s and tried their lettuce wraps, this is a similiar version. Not quite a copycat, but along the same line!
How to Make these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
SAUTE the ground chicken and cook until browned.
SEASON with garlic, ginger, sesame oil and GF soy sauce.
ADD coleslaw mix and cook until tender.
WRAP the chicken filling up in your lettuce leaves and enjoy!
What kind of lettuce do I use for these lettuce wraps and how do I cut it?
Be sure to use a head of lettuce that has large and flexible leaves so you can wrap it up. We use Butterhead Lettuce or Boston Bib most often. You can also use romaine, but keep in mind, romaine holds the filling nicely, but the leaves are long making it harder to form wraps. If I do use romaine, we tend to eat it “open-faced” rather than wrapped.
To cut the lettuce, just slice off the hard bottom part of the lettuce, and peel away each leaf. Wash and dry before serving.
Can I make these lettuce wraps ahead of time?
Absolutely! The chicken filling keeps very well in the fridge for at least 3-4 days. Store in an airtight container for easy lunches throughout the week, or serve a crowd without having to cook at the last minute.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 bag Coleslaw or Rainbow Slaw Mix
- ⅓ cup GF Soy Sauce or soy-free coconut aminos
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 head Boston Bibb or Butterhead Lettuce leaves separated for serving
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha for some spice
- 2 tbsp Diced Green Onions for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground chicken and break apart into small pieces.
- Add the minced garlic & ground ginger and saute for 30 seconds stirring consistantly.
- Add the coleslaw mix, GF soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well and saute until desired tenderness and until the colesalw cooks down.
- Scoop mixture into lettuce wraps. Add additional soy sauce if desired. Sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with sriracha if using.
Looking for more Asian-Inspired meals? Check out these recipes!