These Grain-Free Double Chocolate Donuts are a fudgy cake-like donut. They're baked instead of fried then dunked in a delicious chocolate glaze. Perfect for breakfast, dessert or any special occasion. Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free and so easy to make!
GLUTEN-FREE & GRAIN-FREE DONUTS
Is there ever a time when a double chocolate donut isn't a good idea? I didn't think so. My kids will gladly welcome a gluten-free donut anytime, and I'm especially happy giving them these mom-approved donuts that in my opinion are healthy enough to eat for breakfast! These grain-free double chocolate donuts are healthy and filling! They're made with a combination of almond & coconut flours, so they're packed with protein. You'll probably find yourself full after eating just one!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make These Double Chocolate Donuts?
Here's what you'll need for the donut batter:
- A mixture of almond, coconut & tapioca flours
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Pure Maple Syrup
For the donut glaze you'll need:
- Coconut Oil
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Unsweetened Cocoa
- Vanilla Extract
This donut recipe is so easy to make. You don't even need an electric mixer, just stir the batter up by hand, scoop into your donut pan, then bake.
Dunk into the dark chocolate glaze and decorate with sprinkles, coconut flakes, chocolate shavings or a little crushed sea salt.
If I don't have a donut pan, can I still make these donuts?
I highly suggest that if you're gluten-free or follow any special diet that you invest in a donut pan or two like these! It makes it so easy to create a variety of yummy treats at home and you could even use it to attempt some homemade bagels!
However, if you don't have one, you could try baking the batter in a muffin pan, although the times may be longer and it won't really be a donut anymore without the hole!
If you love this chocolate donut recipe, then you'll have to try these Grain-Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts too!
Bake up a batch of these donuts for your next family breakfast or holiday celebration! If you won't eat them all at once, go ahead and freeze the leftovers(without glaze) in an airtight container. When you're ready, defrost them at room temperature or warm up in the oven and then add some fresh glaze.
Grain-Free Double Chocolate Donuts
- Donut Pans
- 1½ cups Almond Flour
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Oil melted
- ½ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil melted
- 2 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease your donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, start making the donut batter by adding your wet ingredients-eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Then combine with your wet ingredients.
- Scoop batter into each donut mold about halfway to ¾ full. Gently flatten any uneven batter with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until you can press your finger into the donut and it springs back.
- While you're waiting for the donuts to bake, mix together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before adding the frosting.
- Dip the top of each donut into the glaze, decorate and serve.