Start your day off right with these Healthy Banana Coconut Breakfast Cookies! They're loaded with nutritious ingredients and perfect to grab & go on busy mornings. Made in one bowl, this recipe couldn't be any easier! Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan, refined sugar free, and paleo-friendly, these superfood cookies satisfy many dietary needs.
Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Whoever told you not to play with your food obviously never ate cookies for breakfast!
This recipe is fun, delicious, and loaded with good-for-you, nutrient dense ingredients! Your family will be jumping out of bed to eat cookies for breakfast!
These easy breakfast cookies are super simple to make in one bowl and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make This Banana Coconut Breakfast Cookie Recipe
- Over-Ripe Bananas
- Coconut Flour
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Peanut Butter or sub almond butter for Paleo or allergy needs.
- Chia Seeds & Flax Seeds
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
My kids love when I add dairy-free chocolate chips to this recipe, but you could also add chopped nuts or dried fruit for some different flavor combinations.
How to Make These Loaded Banana Coconut Breakfast Cookies
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350.
- Mash your over-ripe bananas in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and hand mix with a spoon until well combined. No electric mixer needed. It's that easy!
- Scoop the batter onto your prepared cookie sheet. I scoop enough so it resembles an oversized cookie and get about 12 cookies. You can make them whatever size you like!
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes. You'll know they're done when the tops and edges are browned.
These Cookies are Easy to Make Ahead!
Make the cookies on the weekend, then store them in an airtight container for easy breakfasts on busy mornings, or they're absolutely perfect for a nutrient dense afternoon snack or dessert.
Double up the recipe and keep them in the freezer for a ready-to-go healthy option. Thaw before serving, or go ahead and eat them cold!
Need more egg-free breakfast ideas, check out this Overnight Monkey Bagel Bake or these Blueberry Lemon French Toast Muffins.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Healthy Banana Coconut Breakfast Cookies(Grain-Free & Vegan)
- 2 Bananas over-ripe
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- ¾ cup Shredded Coconut unsweetened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter sub almond butter for paleo or allergy needs.
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips, Chopped Nuts or Dried Fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, start by mashing the over-ripe bananas, then add the rest of the ingredients. Stirring well with a spoon until combined.
- Drop large tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. I scoop enough so it resembles an oversized cookie.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until edges and tops are golden. Let cool before removing from the cookie sheet.
These were delicious! Super easy to make and so soft and moist.
Hi Alex! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the recipe! Thanks for sharing!
These were a HUGE hit this morning. I didn’t have coconut flour so I substituted almond flour and it worked great. Anytime I can sneak nutrition in somewhere delicious I am all about it. Thirty minutes beginning to end and these are already gone. Will definitely be making these again. Thanks so much Deb!
Thanks for sharing Nicole! So glad you and your family enjoyed the recipe!!
Approximately how many cups would 2 mashed bananas be (different sizes available)?
It should be about 1 cup I'm guessing. I've honestly never measured, I just grab whatever 2 over-ripe bananas I have! Hope this helps, feel free to send me an email or a message on instagram for a quicker response!