These Lime Chicken Tacos are so refreshing and flavorful! Chicken is marinated in a lime infused sauce, then grilled and served on warm tortillas loaded with toppings. This meal is the perfect way to add some fun to your next Taco Tuesday!
Even though we love celebrating Taco Tuesday in our house, I'm up for tacos any day of the week! These tacos are simple to make, and once you taste the flavor, you'll want to make them over and over.
The combo of tangy lime tossed with fresh herbs & spices turns an ordinary taco night into something amazing.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE LIME CHICKEN TACOS?
- Chicken Thighs(you can also use breast meat, but it tends to be more dry in this recipe)
- Lime Juice
- GF Soy Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
Simply marinate the chicken in a simple homemade lime marinade and then grill the chicken. While the chicken is marinating, prep the toppings to save time.
The flavor is best when the chicken is grilled, but if you don't have a grill or the weather isn't cooperating, go right ahead and use a stove top skillet.
These tacos are best served on soft gluten-free tortillas. They soak up all the yummy juices from the marinade! We love using Mission GF tortillas, or Siete Foods has an incredible line of grain-free tortillas.
You can serve these tacos with shredded lettuce, sliced red onion, Pico de Gallo, fresh cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings.
This recipe is especially yummy on a hot summer night. The meat has an incredible sweet & tangy flavor while the toppings keep the meal super fresh & light.
Grilled Lime Chicken Tacos
- ¼ cup Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons GF Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil or your favorite neutral tasting oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs can also used breast meat
- 6-8 Soft Gluten Free Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Pico de Gallo
- Avocado sliced
- Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour marinade into a large airtight bag, add chicken and marinate in the fridge for at least three hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and grill over medium-high heat each side for 5-7 minutes each side. cook until internal temperature reaches 165° then remove from heat and cut into strips or shred.
- Serve with toppings of your choice in your favorite soft gluten free shell.
Looking for more easy meals like this? Check out these recipes!