This Pineapple Stir Fry is a combo of chicken, pineapple chunks and vegetables tossed in a sweet & savory Asian style sauce. Serve over rice or quinoa for a quick weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
As soon as the sun starts shining and the weather starts to warm up, I immediately crave this Pineapple Stir Fry. It gives me all the tropical feels, but in an easy, gluten and dairy-free meal that’s on the table in less than 30 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PINEAPPLE STIR FRY
Simply saute all ingredients in a wok or large pan then add the flavorful pineapple infused asian sauce at the end. I used chicken for this recipe, but this sauce is also amazing with shrimp! Keep it vegan by eliminating the meat and adding in some chickpeas, and additional veggies like sugar snap peas.
Add rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa on the side, and if you’re feeling fancy, you could even serve this meal in a hollowed pineapple bowl!
I use canned pineapple for this recipe so that you can easily reserve the juice to use in the sauce!
Time saving tip! Get the rice cooking(I love cooking rice in my instant pot)right before I start the stir fry. This way everything is done cooking at the same time.
Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
If you’re new to gluten free living, be sure to use soy sauce or Tamari labeled certified gluten-free because regular soy sauce is loaded with wheat!! You can also stay safe using coconut aminos which is a naturally gluten-free soy-free alternative made from coconut nectar instead of soy.
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Pineapple Stir Fry
Asian Pineapple Sauce
- ⅓ cup GF Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos for soy free
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Dried Ginger
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch(can sub arrowroot or tapioca flour) for thickening
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Bell Pepper red, yellow or orange-cut into chunks
- 2 cups Pineapple Chunks 20oz can in 100% pineapple juice
- ½ Red Onion cut into wedges
- Sesame Seeds and/or Diced Green Onions for garnish
- 1 tbsp Oil for sauteing I use avocado oil
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the Asian Pineapple Sauce ingredients making sure the cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper then add to the pan. Drizzle with a little soy sauce while cooking.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the bell pepper, onions and pineapple to the pan and cook about 3-5 minutes until veggies are tender but still crisp.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and bring to a simmer stirring frequently until sauce has thickened. This should only take 1-2 minutes.
- Once sauce is thickened, remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve over cooked rice, cauli rice or quinoa.