These Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates satisfy all your sweet cravings! Medjool dates are stuffed with almond butter then covered in dark chocolate, and sprinkled with sea salt. So easy to make, and they come together in less than 30 minutes. Gluten Free & Vegan.
Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Stuffed Dates
This healthy dessert is so simple to make with just a handful of ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pitted Medjool Dates
- Dark Chocolate(Dairy-Free)
- Almond Butter
- Sea Salt
- Optional: unsweetened coconut shreds, crushed nuts, any toppings you lik
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE COVERED STUFFED DATES RECIPE
- Start by slicing the medjool dates lengthwise, and stuff them with about a 1/2 teaspoon of almond butter.
- Melt the dark chocolate and a tsp of coconut oil in the microwave and keep heating in 30 second intervals until smoothe. You can use a double boiler instead.
- Using a fork (or stick a toothpick through the date), dip into the melted chocolate until covered on all sides. Place chocolate coated dates on parchment paper on a baking sheet or tray, and sprinkle with toppings.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for 10 minutes until the chocolate sets. You can also use the fridge, but it takes longer!
TIPS AND ADAPTATIONS
- You can use any chocolate you like, I used dairy free chocolate chips to keep this recipe plant-based.
- Go ahead and use any toppings you love! Chopped nuts, chia seeds, sea salt, coconut…I sprinkled some of ours with edible flowers!
- Any nut butter stuffed inside the date works. Sun Butter is also a delicious, allergy-friendly idea!
- Store in the fridge for up to one week in an air tight container (but they won’t last that long!)
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates
- 10 Medjool Dates pitted
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter any nut butter works
- ½ cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips melted with 1 tsp coconut oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Chopped Nuts
- Chia Seeds
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each date, then fill each date with almond butter.
- Place the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each.
- Dip each date into melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat the date until completely covered. Place chocolate covered date on a tray lined with parchment. Sprinkle any toppings onto each date.
- Place the dates in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. The fridge also works, but it will take longer! Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.