These Almond Flour Waffles are a simple & nutritious one bowl recipe! Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. They’re a high protein, low carb waffle perfect to fuel your day or feed your hungry breakfast crowd.
They’re easily freezable or you can make the batter ahead of time and store in the fridge. Top these waffles with your favorite goodies- pure maple syrup, fruit, nuts, jams, coconut cream, or peanut butter for a nutritious breakfast or snack! Or try using them for a savory meal with ham & eggs or fried chicken & waffles! Are you hungry yet? 🙂
Almond Flour Waffles
- 1-1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 4 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
I like to make these waffles with no added sweetener in order to keep them versatile to use with a variety of different toppings. However, for a classic “sweet” breakfast waffle you can add 1 mashed banana or 2 tbsp sweetener, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Add flours, baking powder, eggs and oil to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add milk and mix until you have a batter consistency. If needed, add more milk by the tablespoon if the batter is too thick, but it shouldn’t be!
- Grease your waffle iron and pour batter onto the center of the hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Time varies depending on your waffle iron.
Make Ahead: Waffle batter can easily be made ahead and refrigerated in an air tight container for up to 5 days. Before using, stir well.
Freeze: You can freeze cooked waffles and then reheat in the toaster or oven.