These BBQ Chicken Totchos are an ultimate comfort meal that is quick, easy & full of flavor! Crispy tater tots are used for a base, then they're topped with barbeque chicken and veggies. Perfect for a weeknight meal, movie night or a new addition to your game day party food.
Barbeque Tater Tot Nachos
What do you get when you combine tater tots plus nachos? TOTCHOS! Yes, totchos are a thing! And these BBQ Chicken Totchos are such a fun twist for dinnertime. This kid-friendly, gluten-free meal is sure to make everyone happy whether you're feeding a crowd or making an easy weeknight dinner.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make This Barbeque Totcho Recipe?
This dish is easy to customize to fit your taste and what you have on hand. Feel free to get creative!
Here's what you'll need:
- Frozen Tater Tots. Check ingredients and be sure the package states gluten-free.
- Chicken Breasts. Cooked and shredded or use already cooked rotisserie chicken. If you have leftover BBQ pulled pork, that works too!
- BBQ Sauce. We love Stubb's because the ingredients are great and it's certified gluten-free.
- A Variety of Veggies. Peppers, onions, green onions, lettuce, etc.
How to Make These BBQ Totchos in Only a Few Easy Steps!
- Bake the tater tots on a baking sheet according to the package directions while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Cook and shred chicken(if not using already cooked chicken), and chop your veggies. In a large bowl toss shredded chicken, peppers and onions in barbeque sauce.
- Once tater tots are crispy, top them evenly with the chicken mixture. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes until warmed through.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Easy, right?! Let's eat!
BBQ Chicken Totchos
- 32 oz Frozen Tater tots
- 2 Chicken Breasts cooked and shredded. Make it quicker by using leftover chicken or an already cooked rotisserie chicken(about 2-3 cups).
- 18 oz BBQ Sauce We love Stubb's- it's certified GF!
- 1-2 Bell Peppers diced
- 1 Small Onion diced
Additional Topping Suggestions
- Shredded Cheese skip if dairy-free or use a plant-based option
- Sliced Jalapeno or Pickled Banana Peppers
- Green Onions diced
- Shredded Lettuce or Coleslaw Mix
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Arrange tater tots in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook according to package directions. After about 20 minutes, toss tater tots and then continue baking until crispy.
- Meanwhile, toss shredded chicken with BBQ sauce, bell peppers & onions in a bowl(or if you cooked chicken from scratch, use the same skillet)
- When tater tots are just about finished, remove from oven and spread the chicken mixture in an even layer on top of the tater tots. If using cheese, sprinkle on top of the chicken mixture before baking.
- Put back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until heated through and veggies are tender.
- Garnish with spicy peppers, lettuce and/or green onions and serve immediately.
Looking for more gluten-free appetizers? Check out these recipes!
- Grain-Free Onion Rings with Garlic Aioli Sauce
- Baked Honey Chili Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers