Homemade pumpkin bread is a favorite Fall recipe that’s loaded with warming spices and packed with tons of pumpkin flavor. It will make your house smell so good that you’ll forget you just bought a pumpkin spice candle! This delicious pumpkin bread recipe is super moist and both gluten & dairy-free.
Homemade Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
I typically like to “healthify” baking recipes, but in this case I didn’t change a thing in this classic recipe that my mom has been making for over 30 years…EXCEPT for the flour!
I have tested this recipe with either Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to equally replace the wheat flour and both worked perfectly. These are my go-to gluten-free replacement flours that help create the same soft & fluffy texture you would expect from wheat flour!
Now, I bake this pumpkin bread in this gluten-free version with my own kids every year, and it’s just as good as it was back then. It’s easy to make — just a few minutes of mixing and stirring, pop it in the oven, and in about an hour, you’ll have a house smelling of Fall spices and two scrumptious, pumpkin loaves.
This recipe makes two loaves and you don’t want to cut it in half! If you won’t be eating both right away, go ahead and freeze the second loaf. You could also use this pumpkin bread batter in muffin pans and pack them in lunches for an afternoon lunchbox treat.
What you’ll Need to Make This Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Flour
- Pumpkin Puree
- Baking Soda
- Spices: Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
Have you ever made your own pumpkin puree?
If you’ve never made homemade pumpkin puree, I definitely recommend trying it this fall to get the best pumpkin taste in your recipes. The stuff in the can is good, but the homemade kind is bursting with fresh pumpkin flavor!
How To Make This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt & spices.Then in a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed. Add the pumpkin puree, then slowly add the water and oil beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and beat on low until well combines.
Pour the batter into two greased loaf pans, dividing evenly. Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the loaves cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
If you’ve tried this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Classic Pumpkin Bread
- 3-1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree 1-15oz canned pumpkin
- 4 Eggs
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup Oil I use avocado oil
- 2/3 cup Water
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Generously grease two loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer on medium speed.
- Add the pumpkin, then slowly add oil and water. Beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Let the loaves cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes and then turn onto a rack to cool completely.