These Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are extra soft, chewy, and bursting with tons of pumpkin and chocolate flavor. Perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and all things Fall!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin meets chocolate in this delicious seasonal cookie recipe and it's a match made in heaven! One thing I really love about this recipe is how easy it is! Also, simple enough to get the kids in the kitchen baking with you! You can have a batch whipped up, baked and ready to eat within 30 minutes.
Baking with pumpkin adds a lot of moisture to recipes, so the results you'll get are an extra soft, almost cake-like cookie.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make These Pumpkin Cookies
Here's what you'll need:
- Pumpkin Puree. *not canned pumpkin pie filling! If using homemade, be sure to strain any extra liquid.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sugar. I used a combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Flour. Use your favorite gluten-free all purpose flour. I used King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Spices. Salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves-oh my! Or pumpkin pie spice works too!
- Chocolate Chips. Use dairy-free here if needed.
How to Make this Yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a stand mixer. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture.
- Blend until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto baking sheets leaving a good amount of space between each. Use a cookie scoop to help make more uniform cookies. If you prefer flatter cookies, press the dough down slightly before baking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are set and golden.
Craving more pumpkin? Check out our family's classic gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe, and if you'll be carving jack-o-lanterns, be sure to save the seeds so you can make these delicious roasted pumpkin seeds.
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ cup Oil
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients-flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together oil, sugars and vanilla extract. Add in the pumpkin puree and egg and continue mixing.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until all is incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 1½ to 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and place on baking sheets until all dough has been used. Using a cookie scoop helps to keep the cookies in a uniform size. If you prefer flatter cookies, press the dough down slightly before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12-14 minutes until edges are set and golden. Once the cookies are cool, store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Looking for more gluten-free recipes for Fall? You'll love these recipes!
The Best Gluten-Free Apple Crisp Recipe
Homemade Maple Cinnamon Granola
Fall Power Bowl With Quinoa & Delicata Squash
Leave a Reply