These grain-free Salmon Patties are a quick family-friendly meal made from wild caught canned salmon, cooked crisp on the stove then dipped in the most delicious homemade garlic aioli sauce. Gluten free, dairy free, grain free, low carb and a great way to get your daily dose of omega 3's!
Easy Salmon Patty Recipe
Canned salmon is a great pantry staple and an inexpensive, quick way to get lots of nutrients in! Make these patties for a simple & nutritious lunch or dinner option alongside a fresh green salad.
They're perfect if you're short on time as they only take 20 minutes(at the most!) to make and are super kid-friendly!
What ingredients do I need to make these Grain-Free Salmon Patties?
These healthy salmon patties are flavored with Dijon mustard and basic seasonings, while the almond flour and eggs bind them together.
Here's everything you'll need:
- Canned Wild Caught Salmon
- Almond Flour
- Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Oil. For sauteing-I always use avocado oil when cooking anything at high heat due to it's high smoke point.
What to serve with these Salmon Patties
While these salmon patties(or salmon cakes) are delicious on their own, try dipping them in this easy Garlic Aioli Sauce and adding a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
The garlic aioli recipe is so easy and uses only a few ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry!
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and that's it! You will never eat any kind of fish cakes without this sauce again!!
Storing and Freezing Salmon Patties
Once cooked, leftover patties can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. Warm them up in a skillet over low heat or in the microwave.
Salmon patties also freeze well. Wrap them in foil or place in an airtight container, then defrost in the fridge before reheating.
Salmon Patties with Garlic Aioli (Grain Free)
- 15 oz Canned Wild Caught Salmon drained
- 2 tablespoon Mayo
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley or Chives chopped; fresh herbs are optional, if you don't have them on hand just skip it, but they do give these patties lots of extra flavor.
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil or your favorite cooking oil for sauteing
- ½ cup Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Mix together all ingredients for the salmon cakes(except oil) in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large stove top pan, heat oil on medium-high until simmering
- Using your hands, form salmon mixture into round patties.
- Saute the cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Don't try to flip them until a nice crust has formed on the bottom. Add more oil as needed.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with Garlic Aioli and lemon wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. Cover and chill until serving.