The traditional vegetable platter just got a little more exciting! Not to be confused with a charcuterie board focusing on meats and cheeses, the crudite platter is a beautiful display of fresh veggies, and creamy dips. Then, we decided it needed something a lil’ salty to take it over the top so added in some olives & Italian meats to finish it off.
It’s an easy appetizer that you can prep a couple days ahead, and you can easily switch out the components because there are a million and one possible variations! This platter is naturally gluten free & grain free, and you can keep it dairy free by choosing plant-based dips. It’s not only healthy, but there is something for everyone!
How to Make the Perfect Crudite Platter
- Lots of fresh veggies – celery, snap peas, English cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, radishes. Include at least 4 types of vegetables. Choose what’s in season and pick a variety of vibrant colors.
- A Creamy Dip – Or two or three! Hummus, guacamole, pesto or ranch are some ideas to start with. Use dairy-free versions if necessary. Trader Joe’s makes an amazing vegan kale pesto and use Primal Kitchen Foods or Tessemee for a dairy-free ranch.
- Something Salty – Olives, nuts(pistachios, almonds) and/or Italian meats such as salami or prosciutto.
- Wash and slice veggies. Cut veggies in different shapes to keep it interesting!
- On a large tray, place dips(and olives) in small bowls off to the side, then fill empty spaces with veggies being mindful of colors. Have fun with it!
- Add the nuts/meats to any remaining spaces.
Prep Ahead! Prepare veggies up to 2 days ahead. Wrap them in a damp paper towel and store in an air tight container in the fridge.